Good Schooling at DU
Give us a Child,
Take back a Leader !
Education is not only for altering one’s circumstances, but for modifying and bringing about beneficial changes to one’s immediate surroundings and thereby shaping the world into a better place to live in for all. The purpose of good schooling would be defeated if it does not transform the individual in every sphere of life. It is when students are truly passionate about their own personal endeavors’ while remaining selfless in their pursuit towards understanding the values and interests of others that they are fulfilling the goals expected of them by the society. This school is committed to molding the mind of the students and carefully guiding their intellectual and social development along a predetermined pathway rich in life’s values and intellectual maturity. These basic and timeless codes of behavior and deportments are instilled in each and every one of them a contributing member working towards the upliftment of their community. We will continue to construct a well rounded educational experience for our wards that is purposefully focused on the future.
The DU Day Boarding objective is to develop talent of student in an unequivocal, clear & strong educational mission and an institutional vision, where the child is taught in a dignified manner to provide liberal and comprehensive education as well as to develop values in the integrity, honour, dignity and a versatile character.
Adjacent to the dormitory is the mess hall where wholesome food is served under hygienic conditions to DU Day care students . Special care is taken to make the food dietically well balanced and nutritious. Outside food is strictly forbidden into the Dining hall of DU day care. The school provides vegetarian as well as non vegetarian food in the daily menu. The menu is supplemented with dairy products and fruits( If requires). The day care staff too eat along with the children as a friend , philosopher & guide.
The Library is the nerve centre of any educational complex and more so in a progressive school like Lucent International School. Due emphasis is therefore, laid on encouraging the students to spend time in the library to widen their mental horizon and develop a taste for reading. It is aptly remarked ‘Investment in knowledge is the best interest’. The Library is operated on the Open Access System wherein a child can peruse, browse and pore over a wide range of books, journals, encyclopedias and lexicons, to encourage reading habits. ‘Class Library’ is also operated through class teachers.
- Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible for your life. – Les Brown
- You never will be the person you can be if pressure, tension and discipline are taken out of your life. – Dr. James G. Bilkey
- You will never leave where you are, until you decide where you’d rather be. – Dexter Yager
- Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. – Thomas Alva Edison
- Folks who never do any more than they get paid for, never get paid for any more than they do. – Elbert Hubbard
- Greater is he who acts from love than he who acts from fear. – Simeon Ben Eleazar
- If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. – St. Clement of Alexandra
- We must accept fine disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever. – Lance Armstrong
- What you are will show in what you do. – Thomas Edison
- Focus on where you want to do, not on what you fear. – Anthony Robbins
- Success is never final and failure is never fatal. It’s courage that counts. – George F. Tilton
- A goal is a dream with a deadline. – Napoleon Hill
- A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it. – Anonymous
- Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. – Tao Te Ching
- Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less. – Anonymous
- It is your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude. – Zig Ziglar
- Patience is the art of caring slowly. – John Ciardi
- In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but by perseverance. – H. Jackson Brown
- No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings. – William Blake
- Keep your fears to yourself, but share your inspiration with others. – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Think for yourselves, and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too. – Voltaire
Laboratories facilities at our school
The students of DUPS have an easy access to all the laboratories which are architecturally beautiful and interesting centres of learning and knowledge through hands on experience of available resource.
- Biology Lab.
- Chemistry Lab.
- Physics Lab.
are spacious and well equipped with latest gadgets and equipments.
Children are naturally full of unmixed joy and bliss. The pure and bliss are sparks of divinity within the individual self. But sadly enough this joy and bliss is systematically smothered and snuffed out by the environment at home and at school. The largest single factor responsible for robbing children of their joy and bliss is the drudgery involved in learning right from early childhood. We at DPS Siliguri, which opens its portals right from the Nursery section, try to promote joy of learning as well as learning of joy at all stages, though more specially at the primary level. We accomplish this in our tiny tots through joyous activities like water games and various other creative games. The curriculum at this stage is structured to eliminate boredom and enhance learning pleasure, thus making learning a joyful experience.
What Sculpture is to a block of marbles Education is to the human soul